In your day-to-day business you may have come across ISO standards. But do you really know what ISO Standard really meant. In this blog we will explain you about the ISO standards and whether your company should really get the certification as soon as possible.
What is ISO Standard?
ISO is an independent non-governmental organization developing worldwide proprietary, industrial and commercial standards. Its history begins during 1940s in Geneva, Switzerland and works with over 160 countries worldwide.
Some of the best-known standards developed by ISO are:
ISO 9001 – Quality Management Standards
• This standard ensures that the service or the product of the organization consistently meet their customer’s requirement
ISO 14001 – Environment Management Standards
• This standard focus on enhancing the environment performance of your business. It ensures that your business continuously measure and improve the environmental impact.
ISO 45001 – Occupational health and safety Management Standards
• This standard ensure that your business manage the best safety procedures and reduce workplace hazards. Guaranteeing your employees leave for home safely.
ISO 22000 – Food Safety Management Standards
• This standard focus on providing the highest level of food safety for the end consumer throughout the life cycle of the food process.
ISO 27001 – Security Management Standards
• This standard support the business to manage the security of assets, intellectual
property, financial data, employee data and other useful data.
Advantages of obtaining an ISO Standard
• Boost confidence of the consumer that the product/services you provide are safe, reliable and are of high quality.
• Increase the efficiency of your business and decrease mistakes by implementing international standard procedures.
• Save your time and money by identifying the problems
• Improve client satisfaction and retention
• Boost employee’s health and safety
• Improving the environment impact
How to obtain an ISO Certification?
At ISO they develop the international standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 45001 but they do not involve in issuing certificates. The issuance of the ISO Certification is performed by the external certification body (CB). To understand this in more detail way you could refer to the below ranking board.
Develop International Standard
Provide Accreditation for the standard body of the country
Providing license for the certification body ensuring that they follow the ISO Standards. Generally, there is only one accreditation body for a country.
Certification body is accredited to Perform audit and issue certificate stating that a company is compliant with the ISO standards.
The company that needs to obtain the ISO Certification
9 steps to complete the ISO Certification
Once a year, a surveillance audit will be conducted by an ISO Auditor to ensure that the quality of the ISO standards is being maintained by the organization.
With over 22 years of experience about the UAE economy Eagle Eye International strive to provide the most reliable solution for your business. Been one of the best consultancy firms we always ensure that our client get the best service for their business requirements. For further details and information about the ISO Certification please contact us on +971 56 240 1778 and we would be glad to assist.